The St Helens TSA would like to invite all Current and Aspiring Subject Leaders to a one day
‘Taking the Lead’ Conference
This is presented by The St Helens TSA Specialist Leaders in Education
The conference will be held on: Tuesday 17th May at Langtree Park, St Helens, 8.45-3.30pm (SLE Conference agenda- 2016 for further details of all workshops).
Target Audience: NQTs, RQTs (2-5 years) and Middle leaders (new or old) that are looking at ‘Taking the Lead’ in delivering a whole school project. This will support them in the development of their leadership role whilst having a whole school impact!
The Key note speech will be delivered by Learning Performance – ‘Growth Mindset’. This session will introduce the philosophy and then focuses on practical tips on creating a growth mindset school. For example, the language of success, effective praise and feedback, the power of yet, working with parents and supporting independent and self – reflective learners.
Delegates will have the option to attend 2 workshops throughout the day delivered by a range of highly qualified and inspirational SLEs. These sessions include:
- Humanities– Leading a themed week in humanities (linked to history/geography and RE)
- ‘Challenge for every child’ – how to develop the opportunities for challenge in your classroom, as well as reviewing the tools needed to audit provision and cultivate a whole school approach’
- Promoting emotional wellbeing for staff and pupils
- Effective deployment of teaching assistants – looking at how to make effective use of your teaching assistants and ensure that they have an impact in your classroom
- Improving phonics teaching in the Early Years (and beyond)– highly effective ways of delivering discrete phonics sessions.
- ‘The changing face of SEN’ looking at Autism, emotional literacy and the new PIVATS 5.
- Maths through the movies– explore ways to develop children’s mathematical understanding, particularly in measures, as we enjoy some classic children’s films!
- The Power of Poetry – to develop a whole school approach to the delivery of poetry objectives.
And many more….
The full days conference costs £150*, including tea/coffee/biscuits/lunch and all materials. *Alliance members will receive 25% off this event.
If you would like to reserve a place at the conference please e-mail: Sarah Makin, TSA Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01744 678010.
All places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis you are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.
For any further queries about the ‘Taking the Lead’ Conference or if you are interested in becoming an alliance member and qualifying for any future discounts please don’t hesitate in contacting Lisa Bradshaw: email@example.com