The first meeting will take place at Madeline Lindley on Weds 12th October, 8.30-4.00pm. A coach will leave from and drop off at Birchley Street Car Park- Pay and display car park (cars can be left here for the day). Training includes transport, all materials and refreshments.
This is an exciting opportunity to view high quality text and work with experts on developing question mats and other reading resources. Maddy Barnes will lead the session as usual and schools will be given a discount on purchases that are made on the day.
These sessions will focus on:
· Updates from the 2016 assessments- lessons learned. Implications for teaching to prepare for 2017
· Focus on reading- What do the exemplification materials for reading tell us?
· Creating reading question mats resources by St Helens teachers for St Helens teachers, Identifying high quality texts specific to each year group
· Visit from an author- Steve Antony (The Queens Hat)
· Subject knowledge enhancement including supporting other staff.
· National Updates on current thinking and the new testing regime.
Schools that have signed the alliance partnership agreement will receive a ‘free’ place on all the English subject leader network meetings.
If you are not a member and are interested in finding out more then please contact: Sarah Makin (TSA administrator) or Lisa Bradshaw (Director of the St Helens TSA and National Maths Hub NW3).
If you wish to book on any of the following sessions please email: Sarah Makin (Senior Administrator): email@example.com or call: 01744 678010.
Places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
For additional information regarding any of the training offers don’t hesitate in contacting- Lisa Bradshaw (Director of The St Helens Teaching School Alliance): firstname.lastname@example.org or 01744 678010
All training is provided by Maddy Barnes, Maddy is an experienced teacher and Assistant Head in a school in Manchester. She is on the DfE Teacher Panel for Test Development. Maddy is an experienced KS2 Reading, GPS and Level 6 marker. She is an established author and series editor at Rising Stars (Skills Builders, GPS Practice Papers, NPE and Achieve). She is passionate about using real texts, including high quality picture books, to encourage all pupils to make progress. Maddy has worked with the St Helens TSA since becoming a Teaching school in April 2013 providing high quality training for teaching and non-teaching staff.