The St Helens Teaching School Alliance English Training Programme for autumn 2017-18; all training has been arranged in response to the scoping exercises carried out by the alliance, responding to local and National priorities.
The training package includes: (please see links below for further details- including dates and venues)
· English- What is Mastery and how do we ensure depth of knowledge? All year groups.
· Challenge for high attaining pupils- teaching for greater depth. Year 2 and 6
· Head Teacher and Senior Leads briefing- implications for teaching English Post 2017 tests. An insight into implications for future KS1 and 2 provision.
· Early Language and Communication training. EYFS practitioners.
· Teaching assistant training- Providing effective support for writing. TA and HLTAs.
· CLIMB- An approach to teaching and assessing reading in literacy and cross curricular. All year groups.
· Reading to Succeed-supporting pupils (and teachers) with stamina in Year 2 and 3.
· Supporting KS1 and KS2 Writing Moderation- All year groups.
In addition to the training listed below we are continuing the termly English subject leader meetings.
Schools that have signed the alliance partnership agreement will receive 25% off all training courses and will receive a ‘free’ place on all the English subject leader network meetings.
All training is provided by Maddy Barnes, Maddy is an experienced teacher and Assistant Head in a school in Manchester. She is on the DfE Teacher Panel for Test Development. Maddy is an experienced KS2 Reading, GPS and Level 6 marker. She is an established author and series editor at Rising Stars (Skills Builders, GPS Practice Papers, NPE and Achieve). She is passionate about using real texts, including high quality picture books, to encourage all pupils to make progress. Maddy has worked with the St Helens TSA since becoming a Teaching school in April 2013 providing high quality training for teaching and non-teaching staff.
If you are not a member and are interested in finding out more then please contact: Sarah Makin (TSA administrator) or Lisa Bradshaw (Director of the St Helens TSA and National Maths Hub NW3).
If you wish to book on any of the following sessions please email: Sarah Makin (Senior Administrator): firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01744 678010.
Places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
For additional information regarding any of the training offers don’t hesitate in contacting- Lisa Bradshaw (Director of The St Helens Teaching School Alliance): email@example.com or 01744 678010.