NW Maths Hub 3 would like to invite you to participate in the ‘Excellent Primary Maths Teacher’ programme, this is a 12 month programme. We are offering 30 places, on a first come, first serve basis.
This will be the second year that we have delivered this programme. We received excellent feedback from the last cohort of participants – See flyer for more details: Excellent Maths Teacher Programme 2016-17.
Who is it for?
These sessions are aimed at excellent maths teachers/subject leaders who have the potential and drive to achieve excellence in maths practice and the ability to develop others.
7 full day sessions to include:
- What does outstanding maths practice look like?
- Developing problem solving, reasoning and fluency throughout the primary phase
- SKE and pedagogical understanding of place value, number, calculation, algebra and fractions
- Effective monitoring to determine impact
- Tracking of progress and skills to inform action planning and next steps
- Exploring and developing assessment
- Providing effective feedback
- Lesson structures, planning and questioning
Delegates will be involved in 4 ‘Gap tasks’ linked to practice in their own schools.
Day 1- 21st September 2016
Day 2- 8th November 2016
Day 3- 6th December 2016
Day 4- 24th January 2017
Day 5- 8th March 2017
Day 6- 24th May 2017
Day 7- 4th July 2017
Sessions will take place at: Wrightington Hotel and Country Club, Moss Lane, Wigan, Lancashire, WN6 9PB.
All sessions will be delivered/facilitated by Tara Loughran, Tara has extensive experience in schools for leading improvement and change in mathematics. Tara has provided high quality training for the St Helens TSA since becoming at teaching school in 2013; she has inspired lots of teachers and support staff to take her ideas back to the classroom with significant impact. Tara represents NW Maths Hub 3 across the North West and sits on the Executive board.
The cost of this project is: £100 per session, Maths Hub NW will provide additional top up funding to run this project.
This will include: All face-to face sessions, refreshments (including a light lunch) and all course resources for the sessions including gap task materials.