In 2018-19, all Maths Hubs will be running primary mathematics Teaching for Mastery Work Groups led by Mastery Specialists. This programme is for schools who have a commitment to developing a teaching for mastery approach. Although the participation involves two teachers attending events outside of the school it is expected that these two teachers lead development across the whole school. Each Maths Hub is now seeking to recruit schools for Work Groups, each involving six or seven schools. This document gives information about the Work Groups and how schools can apply to be involved. The closing date for application is Friday 11th May at 4pm. Please email all applications to NW Maths Hub 3- email@example.com
Benefits for participating schools
Participating in the Work Group will provide the following benefits to participant schools:
- High quality support for teacher professional development for the lead teachers, facilitated by the Mastery Specialist
- Support for the head teacher in addressing leadership issues related to teaching for mastery from the Mastery Specialist and the Maths Hub’s leadership
- Opportunity to work closely with other schools also developing teaching for mastery
- No charge for participation and a grant of £1000 to help subsidise teacher release time
- Matched funding of £2000 to support the school in buying text books
Please see attached the application form and further information.
Please return directly to Lisa Bradshaw- NW Maths Hub 3 lead.