NW Maths Hub 3 would like to invite all secondary maths teachers to participate in a NEW work stream for 2018-19- The Secondary Excellent Maths Teacher Programme.
Who is it for?
These sessions are aimed at excellent maths teachers who have the potential and drive to achieve excellence in maths practice and the ability to develop others.
4 full day sessions to include:
• What does outstanding maths practice look like?
• Understanding how practice has changed at Key Stage 2 and the need to build on this at Key Stage 3
• Developing problem solving, reasoning and fluency throughout Key Stages 3 and 4
• Effective monitoring to determine impact
• Tracking of progress and skills to inform action planning and next steps
• Exploring and developing assessment
• Providing effective feedback
• Lesson structures, planning and questioning
Delegates will be involved in 3 ‘Gap tasks’ linked to practice in their own schools.
Day 1- Thursday 27th September 2018
Day 2- Wednesday 28th November 2018
Day 3- Tuesday 5th February 2019
Day 4- Monday 25th March 2019
Lindsay Porter- Maths Hub NW3 Secondary Lead
Places will be allocated on a first, come first serve basis.
Director of the St Helens Teaching School Alliance and NW Maths Hub 3
Director of School Improvement- Three Saints Academy Trust