NW Maths Hub 3 are offering the following maths events for EYFS and Nursery Practitioners:
EYFS – Using a story/topic based approach to plan a mathematical sequence
The sessions will focus on:
- Staff will explore mathematical concepts from 30-50 months to ensure they are meeting the ELGs
- Staff will ensure progression is built into the lesson design through a creative approach based on story, awe and wonder!
- Counting to ordering to calculation including making connections between other mathematical areas
The package will include: 3 ½ day sessions and all resources used at the sessions.
Day 1- Tuesday 17th January 2019, 9-12 noon
Day 2-Tuesday 26th February 2019, 9-12 noon
Day 3-Wednesday 22nd May 2019, 9-12 noon
Venue: St Helens TSA POD, St Mary and St Thomas’ CE Primary School, Barton Close, St Helens, WA10 2HS
Cost: £70 per ½ day session. If booked as a block £200.00 for all 3 sessions.
Nursery Practitioners: Maths everywhere, improving the quality and raising expectations
The session will focus on:
- Support practitioners to ensure mathematical opportunities are everywhere, in everything- how to ensure effective mathematical provision
- Improve the mathematical questioning
- Meet ARE and raise expectations ready for the next stage of learning.
Date/time: Wednesday 6th March 2019, 9.00-3.30pm.
Venue: Nutgrove Primary School, Govett Road, St Helens, WA9 5NH.
Cost: £150.00 per delegate- this includes all course materials, refreshments and a light lunch.
If you wish to book on any of the sessions please email or call:
Sarah Makin (Senior Administrator): firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Foster (Administrator): email@example.com
For additional information regarding any of the training offers don’t hesitate in contacting- Lisa Bradshaw (Director of The St Helens Teaching School Alliance)
The cancellation policy is as follows:
14-30 days: charged at 25%
7 days: charged at 50%
Less than 1 day: Charged at full training rate
Please note all cancellations must be in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation of your booking will be sent to you once received. Should you be in a position to supply a substitute delegate there will be no charges.